One hour consultations for performing artists, songwriters and anyone seeking a career in the music industry.
My years of experience, both as a songwriter and working within the Music Industry have given me considerable knowledge, insight and understanding of the songwriting tools and industry standard for commercial songs, and the professional protocols and processes that are essential to understand and use when dealing with any aspect of the Industry. The Music industry is a business and performing artists and writers must approach it (and the executives who run it) with a business attitude if they are to reach their goal of a professional career.
I feel both delighted and privileged to offer my experience and knowledge to the clients who come to me for assistance with their performing and writing careers.
- Direction. Where are you now? Where do you want to be? How will you get there?
- Being Professional – What does that mean in the Music Industry?
- Defining and perfecting your overall image. Styling yourself appropriately to reflect your work.
- Promotion. Getting yourself and your work ‘Out There’ and heard
- Contacting the appropriate industry professionals for you and your work
- Approaching and networking with Industry Executives and Professionals
- Industry Resources that can help.
- The vocal instrument – how it works and how you can make the most of what you’ve got, and how you can improve it.
- Tips to improve your stage performance
- Audience appeal. Grab them from the start and leave ‘em wanting more.
- Song Critiquing and Assistance. Advice on structure, rhythm, melody and lyrics BEFORE you record!
- Writing for yourself -V- writing for someone else. What’s the difference?
- Defining and perfecting your musical style
- Finding the right producer for your demo and album recordings.
Here is what some of my clients have said about the service I’ve provided to them:
“Yes, I found the time with you very valuable – helped me to understand more of commercial writing perhaps. Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it.” – Kate Landsberry
“Did we find your advice helpful? Yes we did. Whilst we haven’t been participants in your organisation, you were considerate enough to give us straight forward and (concise) direction as to the structure of songs for commercial Radio. This information confirmed to us that we were 90 percent going in the correct direction as far as songwriting goes, I can see the benefits for people starting out with songwriting ability… it would shorten the road to success as compared to the road some of us have travelled without the advantage of people like yourself.” – Kim Gritten
“I believe your help is wonderful, encouraging, an eye opener and not only are you positive with your advice but also a friend who has an engaging personality and a passion for music.” – Trisha Farnon
Full Consultation Fee: $100 per hour.
Pensioner/Student Concession: $80.00 per hour
ASC Attendees and ASCSA Members: $80.00 per hour
(all fees include GST)